Updated by Rachel Surgeoner: This super quick meal is full of colour and flavour. I love the colour and oil that comes from the chorizo. You don’t need much extra oil to cook with. It’s high in protein and you can increase the fibre by using brown rice and/or quinoa instead of white rice. Pack it full of whatever veggies you have lying around, the more the merrier!
- Heat a large frying pan and throw in the diced chorizo and the finely chopped leek. There should be enough oil released from the chorizo to cook with but add a little more if needed. Cook until the chorizo starts to change colour and the leeks soften
- Add the chopped courgette and pepper and cook until they start to soften
- Add the frozen peas and tomatoes to warm through
- Add the pre cooked rice and prawns and stir until all the ingredients are combined
- Bring everything up to the right temperature and texture, add a good grind of black pepper and dried chilli if using and enjoy!