Lovely combination of salty cheese and sweet cherries.
- 1 block of halloumi cheese
- Handful of fresh cherries, halved
- Puy Lentils – cooked from dried or a ready to eat packet
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Small bunch of fresh mint – finely chopped
Homemade balsamic dressing:
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 table spoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a jam jar and shake to combine. You’re looking for a thick consistency.
For the salad:
Cook the puy lentils as instructed. Once cooked, and still warm, mix through your homemade balsamic dressing, the fresh cherries and mint.
Cut the halloumi into strips approximately 0.5 cm thick and griddle until golden brown.
Serve on top of the lentils and rocket.